Saturday, June 1, 2013 (8:00AM – 4:00PM) The schedule for the day will be filled out as the event gets closer. The actual topics for the sessions
may not be posted until the votes are tallied on site at the event. We will have a self service station for breakfast items and food will be provided for the lunch hour (you are also free to eat at nearby restaurants). The event is at full capacity though you may join the Waitlist (Period has Ended). To attend the event, you must be on the attendee list. After Party @ 5:00PM
Schedule of Sessions
List of awesome speakers and their topics (some have multiple topics proposed not listed). At the day of the event, your vote will help us determine their time slot and room size. Thanks goes out to the speakers for posting up their topics and for y’all for voting online! Theme of the event: Accessible UX Keynote Speaker: Patrick Burke, Coordinator of the Disabilities and Computing Program at UCLA’s Office of Information Technology, and will be giving us a talk about accessibility and accessible experiences! Read more about him on his bio page. We’ll have photos and some videos for sessions available online in the next 7 days!
LIST OF SESSIONS
- Keynote Session (9 am) – Patrick Bruke
- Enchantment! (10 am) – Sean Tyne
- Putting “U” Back in UX (10 am) – Alberta Soranzo
- How to Make Quick Useful UI Sketches (11 am) – Lane Halley
- Mobile IA Workshop (11 am) – Lara Federoff
- Mobile Web Design: Making sense of the Solutions (11 am) – Wendy Eichenbaum
- Top Ten Must Haves and Must Do’s for Freelancers (1 pm) – Jamie Douraghy
- Recruiting and Conducting Your First Usability Study (1 pm) – Theodore Chao
- Application Through Portfolio: How to Get a Great UX Job (1 pm) – Patrick Neeman
- The Touch Experience (2 pm) – Sean Tyne
- Tautology Recapitulates Ontogeny (2 pm) – Joseph O’Conner
- Agile UX – Best Practices (2 pm) – Sally Abolrous
- Bringing Mickey’s 10 Commandments Online (3 pm) – Chris Chandler
Vote for the topics you want to hear.
Whether you are leading or attending a discussion – YOU control the agenda. You get to vote for the topics and presenters that will lead the sessions. Period to Vote has Ended
LEAD A SESSION
Now is your time to shine. Get a panel together or go solo – Submit a topic which you’d like to lead in a panel or solo format. We have rooms which can be configured in a lecture setting or workshop where you can have your audience participate with each other. Period to Propose has Ended
Not quite ready to present a topic to a group of people but would love to attend and learn more about a topic? If you have a topic in mind such as design, research, management, best pratices, or anything related to the User Experience field, propose it!